Knight Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The site of the Mabinogi guild Knight

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Aramanth

Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry Empty
PostSubject: Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry   Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:00 pm

I started a mini series recently and I wanted to keep going with it. Problem is, I need more people than just myself, so I'm asking all of you to join in! All I would need is for you to stand in a certain spot ingame, use a gesture at a certain time, kill a certain monster in a certain way, etc. All dialouge would be annotations, so no need for typing out lines. You can view the first video on youtube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYKwuw2kCRY

I don't know how long this series will be, but I know I have a lot in store for it Surprised Here's a list of people I need.

1. A "Knight in shining armor". I need a knight guildie who has shiny armor. It's a sort of prophecy kinda thing. They would need to be able to kill an Ogre with one final hit. (meaning I need someone with final hit too). I think anyone will do, just as long as they're in the guild. It's suppose to be a pun. I'm hopeful the candidate will have DK because eventually they get possess and attack my character.

2. A really cute female character. The younger the better. I mean, just plain adorable. Someone you just wouldn't expect to be a manaical tyrant hellbent on usurping the guild and throwing Ulaid into economic turmoil.

3. A mage with high ranking thunder. They need to be OUTSIDE the guild, so if someone in the guild has this they might need to leave for one shooting.

4. A rival. Preferably someone stronger and older than my character, but not too much stronger. A BIG plus if it's just an unused mule or something like that, because even though the character will be able to beat me the first few duels, my character is suppose to eventually overpower and defeat them. They then become an ally in the climax of the story. I feel the rival should know and fight similarly to my character, only because they're suppose to match each other in power at one point. They shouldn't have final hit though, and if they do they won't use it.

5. A friend. I need someone who compliments my character's combat style so that all basis are covered. My character is planning on using a crystal lightning wand and shield for a charge/thunder combo, plus duel wieled upgraded wooden blades, or some other weapons. They will (eventually) know and have high ranking electric skills, i.e. lightning bolt and thunder. I think the best compliment would be an archer with a crossbow and two handed sword, sporting high ranking ice and firebolt, but not necessarily fireball and ice spear. Gender only matters on who plays the knight in shining armor- if the knight is male, my character will eventually fall in love with them, but if if the knight's female my character will fall in love with the friend. Keep in mind my character's female and I intend to keep her straight. Nothing against homosexuality, it's just a tried-and-true cliche that people will follow easily.

6+. Extras. Pretty much any guildies, any friends, any ONE will be accepted. I need side characters for a few things, like crowd scenes and dungeon raids, maybe even adding a crowd to a city (and don't say just use the crowds in dunbarton. Too much talking, too many people. It just wouldn't work).

The character's race is only a big issue with the villian. She MUST be human. The rival cannot be a giant, I just feel that wouldn't be right. The friend can be any race, although I'm pretty sure there aren't many giants with a crossbow.... :< Throwing attack works though. A big plus if the mage is a giant (how ironic would that be!) But I'm not going to ask bloodraven's guild leader, Vejosa, for help. She doesn't see me as strong enough to talk to and I don't feel like adding her fanclub guild into the series. The knight CAN be an elf or giant, but that would have to turn things around entirely since neither of them can learn final hit. Feel free to derail the whole story though. :/

A couple of notes about this series:

1. The plot is based on the idea that Erinn (mabi's world) is actually a manifestation of our collective imaginations, where we can go to live out our fantasy lives. Normally people can't just go there, but when they do they can't leave until they fufill their "destiny". It's impossible right off to know what your destiny on Erinn is, it's more of a "gut feeling" until it's made obviously clear. These people are called Milletians. The knight, the friend, and the villian are all milletians along with my character. It will be explained that aging is frivolus and death is impossible. Also, time on earth has not passed while a person's mind is in Erinn, meaning there is no rush to return to the world my character came from because nothing has happened since she left (although she still wants to go home badly).

2. Final Hit is seen as a sacred move taught only to the best of the best. It's one of the plots of the story that my character, after seeing the knight kill an ogre with final hit, yearns to master the skill. The rival, who has no desire to learn it, is constantly antagonizing my character, claiming it's a silly pipedream to learn a skill so few know.

3. As far as other players, there are only a handful of milletians- maybe 1/1000 the population of mari. This means shots in town (especially dunbarton) will be few and far between. If they are done in town, it'll be done in places where there are very few people. Because of the chance of some random person coming in and killing a field boss, I'll try to keep plots involving those characters to a minimum (Unless someone still has the G1 barri dungeon, that would be helpful for using the black wiz Surprised)

4. The audience will be under the impression that magic is only used by a select few, so the mages used in filming will be considered sacred and of high authority. Ironically, considering the overpoweredness of magic that's not far off ><; This means during combat scenes (pvp, boss fights, training, etc.) only people I designate as having magic will use magic, and use it a lot.

5. I have NO editting talent, as you can see from the video ><;. I'm using the recorder ingame to make all these. This means all takes are real time, and if we mess up one part we'll have to redo the whole thing. It's rough, I know. ><; I'll try to make it so any transistion of scenes will be split into two videos and if we fop on a couple of cues, I'll try and make it work. But if we, say, do something like try and kill an ogre and FAIL, then we'll have to redo it. An example of one scene I had in mind involves my character's friend being kidnapped by the black wizard and taken into barri for some sort of ceremony. The knight and I head down and stop the wiz before the ceremony is finished. In terms of cues, this would mean all three people enter the barri G1 dungeon, get to the boss, then the friend must go inside the boss room and play dead on the far end, hopefully drawing aggro from wizard or wisps for effect. If the friend is a giant, they will probably HAVE to die in order to make it work :< He must stay there until we beat the dungeon, in which case we will pretend to revive him (use first aid when he's on the ground), have him come to, and end the video there after a little epilogue.

6. Characters cannot die unless told to do so. Characters must either win or lose pvp matches when told to do so. If you value your pvp record, don't apply for knight, rival, or villian. The mage will kill me once and the friend never fights me. The others will eventually lose a fight with my character. Keep in mind you might be asked to purposefully die to an enemy, even a weak one- keep your holy water handy folks!

7. Because more than one character will be in most scenes, we'll need to rehearse some scenes, as well as set up times to meet together ingame. Keep in mind we're not exactly on a time schedule (I say not exactly because our characters still age every week, and it would be hard to explain a character going from 10 to 25 between each scene. I don't have NX on this character, so no age pots. ><; If we miss our age window, we'll just wait until we hit it again in...9 weeks...) Expect to do scenes over and over again because a certain criteria MUST be met (i.e. going into deadly during a pvp match and winning against all odds. To make that work the opponent might need to even hold back a bit, which will be hell on them I bet.). Sometimes we just need luck. For example, that one video up there I kept fighting black grizzlies until I was brought into deadly and the bear was near death. It took a couple of tries and a few Naos ._.;. And I emphasize again YOU MIGHT BE TOLD TO DIE AGAINST A MONSTER, REGARDLESS OF STRENGTH.

Because appearance is important with some characters, please post your character in the clothes and appearance you want to use should you be chosen for each role, i.e. for the villian you need to be as adorable as possible- ten year old girl with big, cuddly eyes, pink dress, no weapons, etc. Make me go "AWWWWWW" and you win. Other than that, have fun with it. If this works out, we have a successful series on our hands and will be famous! afro

Edit: Good news! I'm an idiot! Very Happy Turns out I could've used movie maker for windows to just splice videos together. This means we don't need to split videos up based on different scenes, and have more liency on takes. That makes things easier for sure!

Last edited by Aramanth on Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raibart

PostSubject: I'll help   Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:37 pm

Hi, I'll help if you like and I have several alts. Some are cute and very,very Deadly.
Back to top Go down
Aramanth

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry   Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:56 pm

I've found a mage that can help us. She has r4 lightning and rA thunder- perfect for what I had in mind. If you want to talk to her ahead of time her ign is Nohana.

If you are applying for any role, please post a picture of the character you feel fits the position best.
Back to top Go down
Tyber
Admin
Tyber

PostSubject: The knight   Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:10 pm

Well Tyber is a Knight but so is my old char is a Knight full silver val a infra black and a DK
Back to top Go down
olliman20

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry   Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 6:31 am

Very Happy I would like to be involved in this. my character has a good smash lvl but I would rather be one of the people in the crowd or some1 that kills something. I have 2 accounts, one has all mage skills and 1 is good at melee combat. trying 2 get fh atm and would also like 2 be one of the people with fh when I get it. I can only get on mabinogi on weekends tho.
Back to top Go down
Aramanth

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry   Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:43 pm

olliman20 wrote:
Very Happy I would like to be involved in this. my character has a good smash lvl but I would rather be one of the people in the crowd or some1 that kills something. I have 2 accounts, one has all mage skills and 1 is good at melee combat. trying 2 get fh atm and would also like 2 be one of the people with fh when I get it. I can only get on mabinogi on weekends tho.

Well, we already found our mage, but how do you feel about a rival? Do you have an alt that's not too strong and won't level up for a while?
Back to top Go down
Aramanth

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry   Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:37 pm

The second movie's up. Leave comments, tell me what I need to improve. I already know the annotations go kinda quickly. I'll try stretching the scene a little more next time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1nLmcfU1i0
Back to top Go down
Tatsuna

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry   Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:10 pm

The videos are really good Very Happy~!
Back to top Go down
Aramanth

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry   Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 9:53 pm

We found our friend! His name is Bluecobra. Although he probably won't use a crossbow or anything like that, he's volunteered to be the friend. All we need now is the rival.

The next video is going to be mostly exposition, but we'll need a bunch of people as extras. We would need them walking through the shot, talking with one another, fighting, etc. Just to make the city look lively. I'll be using Emain Macha, not Dunbarton, which is usually quiet. People I'll need for sure would be Tyber (not the Knight) and the villian. As for when we're shooting it, well, whenever tats, tyb, and I are all on together we'll start shooting.
Back to top Go down
Raibart

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry   Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:24 am

I'll be the rival if you want. Smile
Back to top Go down
olliman20

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry   Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:22 pm

I will accept any spot that I can get
Back to top Go down
Aramanth

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry   Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:24 pm

Right now, all positions have been filled. We need to start shooting the next video, which will involve tyber, tats, and any extras we can get.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry   Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Youtube Miniseries- The Diary of Amy Cherry
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Knight Guild :: The guild :: Events and contests-
Jump to: